An attack by rebels on the government and infrastructure of the Democratic Republic of Cinnamon Creek has raised questions.
Last Wednesday, the Baltisk Journal, the national news source of Dallin Langford’s DRCC, published an article reporting riots and a rebel uprising in the nation. It was said that Capitol Square had been taken over, and the city of Dallingrad had been seized.
The Director of DRCC’s secret service, the XFIA, sent the following message to General-Secretary Langford.
The Capitol has been seized by rebels and most Utah of the provinces, regular communications have been disrupted by their supporters. Riots have occurred do [sic] to the election and other events…
Sir, DRCC is [sic] taken over by you know who.
Official statistics suggest the DRCC’s population may have been cut by up to 75% due to the events.
The DRCC is currently preparing for a general election, and candidate Henry Chester has been accused of leading the rebellion. Chester has received, in official polls, 0% support.
A communication from Chester read, in its entirety:
I see that you again tried to seize and quell my new military but again I see that you have failed! I laugh at the thought of you trying to win this battle, sending a useless army to fight my attacks but then again I knew what you were up to… you see, I have purposefully planned this for some time, a seed of rebellion started from the day you demoted me when I was right and you were wrong. Langford, you never could handle criticism, I have seen the posts, posted by your own peers or friends as you call them on the Micronational forum.
Go ahead, trust them I dare you too, they are probably planning the end of your Micronational career as I write. Don’t be a fool, surrender now and we shall leave what is left of your so-called nation in peace! I bet McCarthy is in on it too, you call him one of your best friends and a great statesman. You are lying to yourself!!! He is in on it as well, like the UT, Jackson/Horatio Eden, and anyone else that you’ve talked too. You know that the older members of that community you talk too hate you, the man you call Cahill, Karjasary, Belcher. What more proof do you need!?!?
My army and nation will be a better nation than you ever could. You are a failure! Surrender now and you can save your evil empire. You can never win this, Langford. This is your last and final chance, I have all the time in the world to await your answer but don’t keep me waiting.
Most interestingly, both Horatio Eden and Anders Saltborn have been removed from the General-Secretary’s Informal Advisory Board, a kind of foreign cabinet office, with Langford citing ‘privacy concerns.’
While Eden’s expulsion may be in response to the events of Eden v. Langford, and the Daily Micronational’s recent article, the expulsion of Anders Saltborn is still unclear.
The rebellion has however raised several questions, voiced both by the Daily Micronational, and President Kit McCarthy of Mcarthia.
- How has Chester managed to amass such forces, given the lack of popular support displayed in the election? Given that Chester appeared to have no support during election time, how has he amassed a military and the popular support to take control of such vast percentages of DRCC land?
- Why is Chester’s writing style so similar to that of Dallin Langford? The Daily Micronational’s Horatio Eden suggested that Henry Chester and Dallin Langford have very similar styles of writing, which was the same accusation put to both Jackson Cole and Emma Amtra.
- Does the whole affair bear KUR-like resemblances? It has been suggested that a phrase used by an XFIA agent, ‘one of the most trash talk I ever heard from a rebel’ was used almost identically by Langford when the KUR was uncovered. The KUR was known for its vastly over-exaggerated claims (such as the establishment of a missile program), and similar, though not perhaps as large, claims have been made by the Baltisk Journal and Langford regarding the current situation.
- Henry Chester has no presence on the Micronation.org forums, or indeed on Skype, so how does he know of Kit McCarthy, Horatio Eden, Universal Triumvirate, Shane Cahill, or Adam Belcher? Langford has claimed that Chester still views the forums and news sources, but for Chester to have gained all this information without access to Skype seems remarkable.
- Why does the Baltisk Journal keep reporting that this may be the end of the DRCC? Given that Langford apparently currently controls the Journal, it would be in his interests and editorial powers to play down these suggestions. Does he not have enough control? Is he trying to make things seem more dramatic? Is he deliberately trying to influence the outcome of events somehow this way?
- Why were Horatio Eden and Anders Saltborn removed from the General-Secretary’s Informal Advisory Board? Both are allies of the DRCC, so what privacy concerns do they pose?
The whole affair leaves more questions than it does answers. More to follow.